There are a number of financial sources available in China to support international students from all over world to study and research in University. China offers quite a number of full scholarship and partial scholarhsip.
Scholarship for Prospect Students
There are several types of financial source for prospect students with talents. Most of them are renewable full scholarship. Students can be fully supported or partially supported by our scholarship. Full scholarship will cover tuition, accommodation, living allowance, and medical cares. The partial scholarship will cover major part if not all tuition of study.
China Scholarship Council provides various Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) programs:
1. University Program(CGS-University); 2. General programs such as Bilateral Program, Great Wall Program, EU Program, AUN Program, PIF Program, and WMO Program (CGS-General). In 2019, more than 100 applicants will be sponsored by Chinese Government Scholarship
Most of them are students of master and doctor programs.
Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) provide Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) to students, scholars and Chinese language teachers of other countries for pursuing Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL), Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL), One-Academic-Year Chinese Study, and One-Semester Chinese Study in China. Each year more than 40 applicants will be sponsored by Confucius Institute Scholarship at the University. Most of them are students of one year language program and master programs.
Provincial Government established Provincial Government Scholarship to support outstanding international students and scholars to study in all the programs offered by universities in the province. As a partial scholarship, it only covers major part of tuition.
In 2019, more than 250 applicants will be sponsored by Provincial Government Scholarship. Most of them are students of bachelor program and non-degree programs. Only ten of them are students of master or doctor program.
4. University President Scholarship（PS）are specially set by University to attract and support excellent international candidates to pursue their study in the University.
In 2019, more than 200 applicants will be sponsored by University President Scholarship. Most of them are students of doctor program. Only several of them are students of other programs.
Scholarship for Current Students
Since most of scholarships are renewable, therefore most of scholarship winner can continue their scholarship after the annual review. Excellent students who was not scholarship winner can apply for some types of scholarship.
1. Provincial Government established Provincial Government Scholarship to support outstanding international students and scholars to study in all the programs offered by universities in province.
2. University provides University Scholarship for excellent international students. All the self-financed students whose academic performance ranked top 10% will be sponsored the University Scholarship.
Detailed Information of Scholarship
|CGS-General||Freshman of specific areas||All||All||Tuition, Living Allowance, etc.||Yes||Early January to early April|
|CGS-University Program||Freshman||Master & Doctor||All||Tuition, Living Allowance, etc.||Yes||Early January to early April|
|CIS-General||Freshman||Language, BTCSOL, MTCSOL, PhD||Chinese Language, Culture, Literature, History, Philosophy||Tuition, Living Allowance,etc.||Yes||All year round|
|CIS–South Asia Chinese Teacher Program||South Asian Freshman||Tuition, Living Allowance,etc.||Yes||All year round|
|PGS||All students||All||All||5000; 15,000-40,000 RMB/year/person||Yes||Early January to early April|
|PS||Freshman||All||All||Tuition, Living Allowance,etc.||Yes||January to June|
University President Scholarship
To enhance international exchange & cooperation and attract excellent international students to study in University, the President Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the scholarship)has been set up to sponsor international postgraduate students to pursue their degree, especially the doctor degree, in the University. The duration of scholarship is 4 years. The coverage of scholarship is shown in the following.
I Supporting Category and Duration
|Program||Duration of Program||Duration of Scholarship|
|Doctor||4 academic years||4 academic years|
II Coverage and Standard
|Doctor||Full tuition||CNY 1000/month||CNY 3,500/month|
III Instruction Languages
Generally,almost all the PhD programs can be instructed in English and Chinese. Applicant can contact potential supervisor to confirm the instruction language.For more detailed information about our PhD programs, please visit (https://peconsu.com/doctoral-program/) for details.
IV Time of Application
There are two intakes each year, March and September intake. The application season for March intake is: From October 15 to December 15 of previous year.For September intake the application season is: From the March 1st to June 15.
1. Non-Chinese citizen, physically healthy, without crime record;
2. Abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China as well as regulations of University;
3. Good learning attitude and with a solid academic foundation and intellectual potential to become a highly specialized researcher or expert.
4. Requirements for applicant’s degree and age:
Applicants for doctoral program should have an excellent academic record in a master’s program (for applicants, should be 18 years master) or higher degree or equivalent degree, and aged less than 40 years old;
5. Requirements for applicant’s language competence:
1) Applicants for doctoral programs in Chinese should be HSK 5 scored 210 ;
2) Applicants for doctoral programs in English should be IELTS 6.5 or higher if they are from non-English speaking countries;
VI Application Documents
Applicants must fill in Application Form and submit the following supporting documents:
1. CV and Passport.
2. Original or notarized copies of degree certificates and complete transcripts of both undergraduate and postgraduate studies (applicants should additionally submit study certificate or employment certificate issued by the applicants’ schools if the applicants are students or employed). Documents in neither Chinese nor English must be attached with a notarized Chinese or English translations;
3.The statement of research interest and research proposal. In general, a statement of research interest should include your reasons for undertaking work at university, while a research proposal should include the background, the objectives and the methodology or approach you propose to take in studying the subject matter. The minimum word limit for the proposal is 2000. Proper referencing is needed in the preparation of research proposals. Applicants are strongly suggested to contact their potential supervisor to discuss the research proposal before submission. The result of the plagiarism check will be taken into consideration when the Department, Faculty and Graduate School review the application. The application may be deemed unsuccessful if plagiarized materials are identified.;
4.Two recommendation letters from professors who know you well, and the letter should have their contact email and phone call number;
5.Official score report of HSK, TOEFL, IELTS or other language proficiency tests.
6. Physical examination record. Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test reports, filled in Chinese or English. It is valid only in 6 months. Please make sure it is still valid when we assess your application.
7.Original or notarized copies of certificates of no criminal certificate.
8. Other documents, e.g. list of publications, documentary evidence of academic awards and professional qualifications, and summary of relevant experience.
Scholarship fellow should apply for their study visas in Chinese embassies in their own countries in person with their own ordinary passports,Letter of Admission, Visa Application for Study in China, Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test reports. Those studying in China with other types of passports and visas are deemed ineligible for the Scholarship.
Scholarship fellow should register on campus and complete the registration procedures ahead of universities deadline with their own passports,Letter of Admission and Visa Application for Study in China. Those who cannot register at the scheduled time for any reason must apply for leave from universities in written form attached with their credentials. The leave, in principle, must be less than two weeks and those who fail to apply for leave or stay beyond the deadline are deemed to have forfeited their qualifications for enrollment and the Scholarship. Scholarship fellow shall pay other expenses if registering in advance.
Physical Examination and Residence Registration
1. Scholarship fellow must register for accommodation on campus and report to local police station in the area under administration in 24 hours upon arrival at university;
2. Scholarship fellow must undergo health examination in local health quarantine administration in 7 days upon arrival at university. Those who fail to conduct the examination or banned from entry to China for suffering some diseases specified in the laws of the People’s Republic of China after examination shall be ordered to exit China before the deadline and they shall be spontaneously deprived of their qualifications for the Scholarship;
3. Scholarship fellow, after passing the health examination, must conduct the procedures for residence permit in the local exit and entry administration in 30 days since they arrive in China.
Major Change,Transfer and Extension
Scholarship fellow are not allowed to change their majors, transfer to other schools or extend their study duration after they arrive in China. For scholarship fellow that need to change their majors, transfer to other schools, or extend their study duration in special cases, their schools must file applications to the provincial department of education and as soon as the applications are approved, their requested change of major, transfer or extension of study duration shall be made. Those who take the liberty to change majors, transfer to other schools or extend their study duration shall be deprived of their qualifications as scholarship fellow.
Annual Scholarship Review
In order to enhance the incentive function of the Scholarship, universities makes annual review of scholarship fellow whose study duration is over 1 year and decides whether to continue to offer financial aid for them in the following school year.