An Optometric Physician is an independent primary health care doctor who diagnoses, treats and manages diseases and disorders related to vision, the visual system, the eye, and associated structures. As primary care physicians, they are an integral part of the medical team and an entry point to health care for many patients.
Optometric Physicians often provide the initial detection and diagnosis for commonly occurring medical conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, and other cardiovascular diseases.
Optometric Physicians co-manage these diseases, consulting and referring to medical specialists when appropriate.
In addition to performing comprehensive eye examinations, treating eye diseases, and performing certain ocular surgeries, optometric physicians prescribe eyewear, contact lenses, low vision aids, vision therapy, and medications.
- 18-25 years old; a foreign passport holder;
- Chinese Friendly; in good physical and mental health; hardworking; academic excellence
- High School Certificate in relevant discipline
- . Proficiency in English, with good English skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
- The applicant who masters basic Chinese language skill will be preferred.
- Completed online application form with the applicant’s signature
- Passport copy (Photo Page of a valid passport)
- Copies of the visa page and residence permit if the applicant is in China
- High School Certificate (A Notarized Copy in English or Chinese language should be attached if the originals are not in English or Chinese)
- Academic Transcript (A Notarized Copy in English or Chinese language should be attached if the originals are not in English or Chinese)
- Certificate of Physical Examination
- Bank statement or affidavit of financial support
- A video clip of self-introduction in English within 5 minutes.
- Police Registration (students are already in China)
- NOC letter (for the transfer students; should be printed in the school official letter which shows school contact information)